Saturday, May 26, 2012

Hostel world

I had many positive experiences staying in hostels in China, but when it came down to booking one for a night in chiang mai, I was a little apprehensive about taking so many people with us who were brand new to the whole hostel thing. What if they all had terrible first experiences-- if we get bed bugs, have weird people in our rooms, or get robbed? Well, sometimes you just have to go with it and hope for the best. I can't say it's the most luxurious sleep I've ever gotten, but it was worth it to pay 100 baht (about $3.50USD) for a bed. People describe hostels in lots of ways, but I think Justin's observation of staying in one being like a big sleepover for adults is a pretty accurate one. You meet some interesting travelers and sleep in a big room with lots of people and share a bathroom. All for dirt cheap! Oh and free wifi, we have all missed it dearly. Lots of pictures from this weekend to come! It was a really good one :)

2 comments:

  1. This kind of makes me want to stay in hostel with you kids and do some kind of a crazy adventures. I think they have family hostels don't they? Well maybe we will stick with Marriott!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds a little bit frightening to me.....but i'm just a grey haired Grammie !!!!

    ReplyDelete